Friday, March 6, 2009

Do you rent you home?

I have never had it easy with Landlords. When there is a promblem they never come fix it right away and my family suffers. We as tenants have rights to have maintainace work done in a mannerly fashion. Just as if we were to break somthing on the property we would have to fix it in an appropriate amount of time before further damage occurs. Now why would the landlord be held to the same accord. If you are having a problem i encourage you not to sit back and take the landlords word for things. Check your state laws and regulations. You are a paying customer to these people they owe you to keep a safe home for you and your family. That is why you are paying rent right? If you bought something that didn't work you would take it back and demand your money back so why would you do the same for the home you are providing for your children and family. Landlords can not treat you any way they want just because they are the home owners. You are paying them to use the house as a home for your family. So if there is a problem to be fix and it is not fix in a timeley manner stand up for your family let your voice be heard. Check you state laws and start inforcing the landlord to do what you are paying him to do.

I say all this cause I have recently had problems with my landlord. My pipes were frozen or busted. I do not know but. I went two days without running water and I had to stand up to my landlord for him to take any action. It is inhumane to live without water for that long. It would be one thing if I did not pay the bill and it was shut off. then that would be on my sholders but when there is something wrong with the pipes. Thats the lanlords problem. I found out in my state they have 24 hours to fix problems like these or provide me with a safe enviroment until they are able to fix it.



Please get everthing in writing. Document everting that you landlord does to fix the problem and everting they do to avoid fixing the problem. Protect you self . please don't make excuse for the landlord. you are the victim not them. If you don't then it is your fault and your family will pay the price.

No comments: