Friday, February 6, 2009

Oh No I Lost!

I just realized that I have been so busy that I haven't had time to write on my blog. Let me tell you what I have been up to. Last Wednesday January 28th I weighed my self and Yikes!!!!!!!! I weighed 290 pounds. I have started to eat healthier before this but was to afraid to weigh myself, so I hoped on the scale and did it. I am proud to tell you that I weighed myself again this week and I am down 10 pounds. I am excited. Ok because diets in the past have always failed me I have chosen to not be on a diet I am just simply changing my diet and my lifestyle to make me happier and healthier. I have my three personal trainers. (WHAT IN THE WORLD YOU DON'T HAVE MONEY FOR THAT). I don't have money for the gormet food I have been eating either OH! but I do. Let me tell you what I have been doing.

First I am going to tell you abount my Trainers:
Trainer#1 Paul my loving yet firm husband.
Trainer#2 Camille my beautiful daughter
Trainer#3 Mikey well you just gotta know him!

Now I am going to tell you about my work out program:
Best work out ever Teach your child how to ride a bike:
You have to run with them to get them started and then you let go and they just put their feet down. Ask Mikey he thought it was funny!!!! HEHEHE!!!

Next Is racing Paul and Camille up the Stairs at Mount Trash More ( a local city park) They won but I made it up and down. Wow!!!! That hurt my legs but FUN FUN FUN!!!!!!!

And the most rewarding was the whole Family working out and having fun to some of the work out DVDS I bought. ( cheap ones nothing fantsy) We made it fantsy though.

Several walks through the mall making sure to walk up and down every stair case their was. and the last tip park as far away from the doors when you are going to the store as you can.

It didn';t even seem like I was working out.

Now My eating habbits:
I love my food and that is no secret so having "diet food" is not my cup of tea. These are some reciepies that I used that are Gormet Food and when I tell you how they are made you will know why. Now I can't promise that all these recipes are low fat or low calories or even low carbs. What I will tell you is only eat one helping and put your food away imediatley after you eat. this assures you don't come back for seconds and thirds and it also gets you up of your bumm so that you are sitting and your food digest better. I am not a doctor so I can't tell you that for a fact these are just things I am doing.

Recipies from me to you:

Dressings:
Italian Dressing
6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons fres chopped parsely
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
2 garlic cloves chopped
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
and a pinch of oregano
Have your children mesure the ingredients while you do the chopping of the garlic and parsely. who cares if they put to little or to much its dressing It will be more loving. They have a fun time doining it. If you don't have a kid go borrow you neighbors! HEHEHE!

Honey Mustard
4 tablespoons of Mustard
2 tablespoons of honey
This can be all made by the kids give them the mustard and the honey and let them have fun. If they make a mess who cares you have delicious honey mustard suace or dressing

Aunt Shelly Bread Dressing
8 table spoons of extra virgin olive oil
2 Teaspoons combine of any itailian spices
basil, oregano, rosemary etc
1/4 teaspoon of crushed red pepper
2 or 3 grated garlic cloves
Shake it up and spread it on your bread MM good. Kids can do this to. My children call it the aunt shelly dressing cause this is where we first learned about this dressing at her house one day for dinner or lunch she had them help her whipp it up. See she borrowed my kids you can borrow others to. This way you can have a gormet meal to.

Chicken Sald
First you are going to the chicken breast and put between two pieces of saran wrap and make sure to season them to your taste. Then you pound the chicken kinda like tenterizing it then grill it. While thats cooking have the kids throw together a salad with the lettuce of your choice
Craisins
Tomatoes
Carrots
Add the chicken and wala you have a yummy salad. Top with dressing from above.


Chicken shish cabobb
Chicke breast chopped into bite size pieces
Fresh rosemary sticks
use the rosemary as the stick and slide the peices of chicken on it. Them place Chicken on grill or scillet. Top with dressing from above. This is good. Kids can put the chicken on the sticks dinner will be done in 20 min top.

Sketti
1 pound ground turkey
package of sausage
can of sketti sauce or your homemade sauce
2 cans dices tomatoes
Angle hair noodles
Loaf of bread
cook the ground turkey and sauage together add spices to your taste. when cooked fully add Sauce and Dices tamatoes. While this is cooking Make the noodles in a seperat pot. Use Aunt Shellys bread dressing with the loaf of bread and wowsers.



After evry meal I put evrything away that way I am not tempted to continue eating. I keep sugar free gum and sugar free pudding around for when I need a snack and I don't go to bed after I eat. This helps keep my mind away from food and I find things to do with my kids.

Stay Tuned for my my updates on my Lifestyle change and Kids activities to keep you busy.

3 comments:

Shell said...

I LOVE IT!! You have the perfect trainers ;) I love your exercise program! I smiled the whole time I read your post! Keep up the good work! Looking forward to your updates! Love, Aunt Shelly

Pam said...

I also love your trainers!! They have your best interest in mind, their momma, not your pocketbook. Remember Aunt Shelly has healthy recipes and advise. She has helped me tremendously over the years. Remember to keep us posted on fun ideas that we all could use. Your Aunt Shelly's friend - Pam

Angela said...

I third the trainers part hehehe ;)! I am glad it is working so well for you! I have been trying to lose weight also but I just felt stuck. I have been eating healthy food and I am starting to loose weight it's so exciting to see when the scale now reads a lower number! One thing I found to help is yogurt for a snack. When they are eating pudding I will eat yogurt and if you have a flavor you like you don't even miss the pudding. And yogurt is good for you whereas pudding has nothing good in it for you. Just a little tip I have found to help. I even was able to eat this instead of ice cream. Maybe you don't like yogurt but I thought I would share the tip. Now I have to figure out what to do when I am in the mood for buttery popcorn lol. Hope you continue to do very well! Please keep us updated on how it's going!

Angela